The Konrad-Behlman Funeral Home in Oshkosh has been serving the families in this area for over 140 years. The business began as the Konrad & Wolf Co. in 1875 in a small store on N. Main Street. A year later it became known as W. Konrad Furniture after Mr. Wolf retired. The name later changed to the Konrad Furniture Co. and a larger store on Main St. was occupied. In the 1930's the undertaking business became the principal trade of the business and the furniture business split away to become Konrad Upholstery and the funeral home moved to its current location on Waugoo Avenue.
In the 1958 the name again was changed to the Konrad Funeral Home, Inc. By this time three generations in the Konrad family had served families in the Oshkosh area. In 1981 Bill Behlman joined the fourth generation of Konrad's, Gary and Paul, and the name was again changed to the Konrad-Behlman Funeral Home, Ltd. In 1986, David ("Gus") Goltz joined the funeral home partnership. Since then, Gary Konrad (May of 2011) and Bill Behlman (December of 2012) have retired after many years of dedicated service in our community. In May of 2011, Jay Schultz, who has been with the funeral home since 1994 also joined the partnership.
The current ownership of Paul Konrad, Dave Goltz and Jay Schultz are just as committed today as in the past as future generations to the cornerstones of integrity and service on which the history of the business has been built. Fair and honest pricing and attention to your needs and desires is our way of doing business today, as in the past, and into the future.